If you are looking for the best personal lube on the market then you have come to the right place! While we here at Miami Sexpert do not actually sell any personal lubes, we do highly recommend different lubes based on what many other users have to say about them and our own personal experiences. We’ve done all of the due diligence for you, making it easy to make a personal lube choice.
In A Hurry?
No worries, we got you covered. Click Here to see a list of the highest rated products on amazon. This article is pretty extensive and if you are too lazy to read through it, here are a couple tables below that directly compare all of the lubes reviewed in this article. For those of you who want more in depth information, read on!
What Should I Look For?
There are three main different types of personal lubes on the market right now. You have water-based, silicone-based, oil lubes and some of them are a combination of all of them. Each of these lubes have their own uses and depending on the type of sex you will be having, you will want to choose accordingly.
Why Do I Need Lube?
Depending on the person and your body, maybe you don’t! However, most women will experience a little bit of vaginal dryness from time to time, and that’s perfectly normal.
Having some sex lube available in your nightstand can be a lifesaver when it comes to having great sex. It’s nothing to be embarrassed of and it certainly is a lot more common than you think. In fact, most women would agree that using a personal lube makes sex more enjoyable.
Water Based Lube
Water-based lube is probably the most common lube on the market today. It can be used in just about any sexual situation with a few exceptions. You can use a water-based lube with or without condoms and not have to worry about a negative reaction.
Another big plus of water-based lube’s is that they rarely will stain any of your sheets or furniture you are looking to get freaky on!
Oil Based Lubes
This type of lube can be anything from a sex lube product on the market or something as simple as using a bit of olive oil or avocado oil in your sexcapades. Why would you want to use an oil based lube? Usually you will want to use this if you are going to be having sex / massages all at once and want something that can double as a personal lube and massage oil.
Usually you can just get away with using an oil lube based lube in small amounts, and it will last for most of your sex session. That is unless you are planning on doing some, Kama Sutra and having sex for hours on end. In that case you may need to re-apply a couple times.
I’m not going to dance around this one so let’s just come out and say it. Silicone lube’s are usually best to use for anal sex! Is that it’s only use? No of course not. However silicone-based lubes are most commonly use for anal.
If anal is not your thing, no worries we are not recommending you try it but if it is something that you’re into this will definitely keep things moving. Silicone lubes can also be great for vaginal sex and masturbation, it really comes down to preference.
Which Lubes Do Others Recommend?
One of the best ways to go about purchasing a personal lube is to look at what other people are saying. We have made it easy for you here at Miami Sexpert and broken it down into the best and most highly rated personal lubes on the market today.
Wet Original Lubricant
- STAYS WET LONGER: Our original water based formula that has been in use for over 30 years. When you use Wet you don't have to worry about reapplication. Long lasting lubricant that promotes your longevity.
- GEL-LIKE FEEL: You'll fall in love with the silky smooth texture of Wet Original Lube. Its smooth feel will allow for optimum pleasure.
- EASY TO CLEAN WATER BASED FORMULA: Wet Original is super easy to clean up. Just rinse away with warm water and you are good to go. Our formula won't leave you feeling sticky or greasy afterwards.
- GREAT FOR ADULT TOYS: Wet Original is perfect for adult toys of all makes and models. It works great with silicone toys and is latex safe.
- Packaging May Vary. The look of the container has been updated, but the ingredients are still the same high-quality ingredients as before.
This may come as a surprise but this is actually a water-based lube. But it has a gel like texture and sort of imitates an oil based blue. Wet Original is odorless and flavorless, making it a very “neutral” lube. Users have reported that this is a great lube for masturbation but might not be the best option if you are having sex with a condom.
Pros and Cons
Great for extended foreplay and sex sessions and its also “Kosher” if that is a concern for you. Overall, its a very long-lasting and reliable lube for just about any sexual need.
- PREMIUM LUBE - Water based lubricant enhances the comfort and ease of intimate activity and allows for easy clean up
- GREASE-FREE LUBE - This Long lasting lube is extra slick and petroleum free
- BEST PERSONAL LUBRICANT FOR COUPLES & SOLO - Designed to mimic natural body fluids; moisture helps to temporarily relieve vaginal dryness
- CONDOM COMPATIBLE - Safe to use with natural rubber latex condoms
Astroglide has been and is still one of the most famous blue brands on the market today. The reason why Astroglide has stood the test of time is because it basically mimics your natural body fluid.
It simultaneously acts as a moisturizer for vaginal dryness if that is an issue for you. This is also a water-based lubricant that users claim is non-sticky, and great for the price.
Pros and Cons
One of the downsides is that you may need to re-apply this lube as it tends to dry up faster than others on the market. Still a solid option for a great water based lube.
Wet Platinum Silicon Lube
- Wet’s best-seller, this paraben-free and oil-free formula is clear, odorless, non-sticky, latex safe, and easy to apply. It is formulated with premium, high grade silicone for ultimate performance (vegan, gluten-free, keto, non-GMO, kosher).
- Long Lasting Formula: Wet Platinum was specifically designed to last. Unlike water-based body glides, silicone won't evaporate or break down in water; perfect for use in the shower or spa.
- This formula is doctor recommended as an over-the-counter solution for personal dryness and has been cleared by the FDA as a Class II 510(k) Medical Device to be used in conjunction with all types of condoms.
- Please store upright: Wet Platinum is made of pure silicone, meaning it is prone to leaking more than water-based lubricants.
- Made in the USA. Packaging may vary. The look of the bottle has been updated, but this product still contains the same premium high-quality ingredients as before.
Obviously as the name says, this is a silicon-based lubricant. It is paraben free which is great for your health. Wet Platinum will basically keep everything gliding as long as you need it to. It is a great choice for having sex in or near the water and works well with condoms too. This lube does not get sticky either and will not absorb into the skin.
Pros and Cons
The downside is it can be a little bit messy. Make sure to have some towels or old sheets handy if you are going to be applying this lube. It will stain your sheets and your expensive furniture!
- ENHANCEMENTS FOR WOMEN AND MEN: Massage is a massage gel that can be used to spice things up in the bedroom. It can be used to massage your partner’s body and can also function as a body glide.
- SILICONE-BASED MASSAGE OIL: Silicone generally last longer than water-based massage oils and aren’t greasy like oil-based massage oils. It doesn’t contain parabens, glycerin, glycols, or other harsh chemicals, so you can rest assured that it’s safe to use.
- DAILY MOISTURIZER: Massage can even be used as a daily moisturizer. It will give you glistening, smooth skin so that you’re ready for whatever might come next. This moisturizer can help create a youthful glow and radiant skin. It can be used as aftershave for your legs or even as a moisturizer for your new tattoo.
- HIGH-QUALITY INGREDIENTS: Our unique formula is designed to create a silky massage oil and body glide. We used a combination cyclopentasiloxane, dimethiconol, and dimethicone. These are all premium, medical-grade silicones to provide you with the best experience. Whether you use this massage oil as a daily moisturizer or to increase your drive, you’ll enjoy the experience.
- ABOUT US: At DreamBrands, we strive for honesty in creating high-quality products that will deliver actual results. We are the first company of our kind to make healthy anti-aging products for men and women. All of our conceptualizing and manufacturing is done in the US. Discreet shipping is a must with our products. We know you’ll love our products because we use them and love them!
At first glance, you wouldn’t think this one would be on a list for sex lubes. However, Sensual Massage doubles as a sex lube and a massage oil. Great for getting in the mood, it’s not actually an oil, but is a silicone based lube.
This is probably one of the most versatile lubes on the market. Great for massages, sex, masturbation, body moisturizer and can even be used to keep that new tattoo looking great! Not what you were expecting, I know right??
Pros and Cons
Silicone-based it can be messy and will stain sheets and furniture. You should not ingest it but if you do get a little bit on your tongue it has a pretty neutral taste. A little on the pricey side, but to be expected given its multiple uses.
- Award winning water based formula – ID Glide is a premium Award winning water based formula for men, women and Couples.
- Doctor recommended – preferred by many for its gentle & Long lasting formula, ID Glide is the doctor recommended lubricant that can be trusted to enhance the comfort and pleasure of intimate experiences. It is made to compliment the body’s natural lubrication and delivers comfort and pleasure with an incredibly natural feel. Id Glide is suitable for sensitive skin.
- Non-staining, easy to clean – rinses off easily with just water, making it perfect for easy use and clean up!
- Toy FRIENDLY, CONDOM COMPATIBLE – Compatible with silicone and rubber toys, natural Rubber Latex, polyurethane, and polyisoprene condoms.
- Made in the USA, FDA 510K cleared – ID Lubricants researches, develops and compounds all of its own formulas in-house.
Another water-based lube. This one is unique is that it can actually be re-activated during sex with a little bit of saliva. We’re not saying to start spitting all over your partner porno style, but it can be a useful quality, when things are hot and heavy and you don’t want to stop to reach halfway across the room for more lube. ID Glide is also a great choice if you are into using sex toys in the bedroom.
Pros and Cons
You don’t have to worry about stains, but you should not be spilling it all over the place either. Does a better job than many other water-water-based lubes at staying moist and is a great choice for masturbation.
This water based lube was actually developed in the medical community by medical professionals and recommended by doctors when patients ask for advice on the topic. Slippery Stuff is hygienic, long lasting, odorless, and will not stain. A lot like Wet Original, this lube feels like a gel but is still water based.
Pros and Cons
Slippery stuff has nothing but positive 5 star reviews at the moment and there is not a much better social proof than many satisfied customers.
- Non-Staining & Easy to Clean: The top Silicone based lubricant In USA, It offers the easiest cleanup than any other sexual lubricant
- Size Range: SWISS NAVY Silicone Based Personal Sex Lubricant comes on a large scale of different sizes. (1 oz, 2 oz, 4 oz, 6 oz, 8 oz, 12 oz, 16 oz, 24 oz, 32 oz, 1 gal and Fishbowl Display 100 ct / 10 ml)
- Travel Friendly & Spill Proof: Our uniquely SWISS NAVY designed bottles have a high-end look & a very travel friendly, spill proof locking pump. These are designed to be kept on the nightstand, not in it.
- Toy Frindly, Condom Compatible: SWISS NAVY Silicone Based Personal Sex Lubricant is compatible with most toy materials, and condoms. Our lubricant is classified as a Class 2 Medical Device, so you can always play safely any time.
- Moisturize & Lubricate: Our SWISS NAVY Silicone Based Sexual-Lubricant is perfectly design for men, women and couples. The silky smooth, velvety texture of Swiss Navy Silicone Based Lubricant is compound of Vitamin E and the highest-grade silicone available. This scent free & PH balanced silicone based lube compliments the body’s natural lubrication and enhances the pleasures of intimacy
The manufacturer of Swiss Navy claims to use “only the highest quality silicone” in their products. One of the best features of Swiss Navy is the packaging. They have a leak proof pump handle. This is actually really great, as I can personally tell you how many times other lubes have stained my nightstand and furniture because of leaks.
Pros and Cons
Swiss Navy lube comes in different package sizes as well, which is great if you are not familiar with a silicon-based lubricant and want to give it a try in a small dose. Another notable feature of the packaging is its discreteness.
If you forget and leave this on the nightstand, it’s not immediately noticeable that it’s sex lube if discretion is a concern for you. Just a small amount of Swiss Navy really goes a long way, and does not dry out.
- Pre-packaged in mailing tube
- High-end luxury lubricant
- Instead of just being slippery, Überlube is designed to transfer sensation while reducing friction
- Überlube feels amazingly silky and performs as long as you're using it
- When Überlube stops being manipulated, it starts to dissipate, leaving skin soft and moisturized, never wet or sticky
Just so you know, this is NOT lube for back seat car sex during an uber ride. It’s actually what is claimed to be a “luxury lube.” Not sure if luxury lube is actually a real thing more than its a marketing ploy, but this lube does have an advantage over some of the others listed here.
Once you stop having sex or masturbating, this lube should “go-away” on its own. meaning that if you don’t want to clean up or forget to, its lubricating effects will dissipate on its own.
Pros and Cons
Does this really matter? Maybe, maybe not. Really depends on you. Many customers have an overall positive opinion on Uberlube, but so far it is the most expensive one we have come across. If you have the extra cash, and feel like splurging on something new, give it a go.
- Pure Water Based Lubricant
- Hypoallergenic, Clean and Non-Staining
- Premium lube designed for smooth sensation and soft skin.
- Highest grade materials for ultimate comfort. Free of fragrances and irritating preservatives
- 8 ounce bottle
Shibari is easily one the best deals for personal lubes on the market right now. It is water based, and hypoallergenic. Probably the best option if you are at all concerned about an allergic reaction. Shibari has been tested by the FDA so you know it is a great safe choice for sex lube.
Pros and Cons
We can’t emphasize enough here how great this lube is for anyone that has had a negative reaction to lube in the past. Some people have very sensitive skin, especially on their privates. We recommend Shibari as the best choice for allergies.
It can get on the sticky side which is a strike against it, but it is meant to be used more on the “inside” than “outside.”
- 100% pure water based lubricant
- Hypoallergenic, clean and non-staining
- Water-based lube designed for smooth sensation and soft skin
- Premium materials for ultimate comfort and body safe
- Prolonging pleasure time
Similar to Shibari above, OIX offers another great FDA approved product that is hypoallergenic and does not stain. Given that this product is roughly the same price as Shibari it’s basically a tie. You will have to try both to see which one you personally like better.
Pros and Cons
Great packaging with the precise tip nozzle. Accurately puts the lube where you want it and keeps away from anywhere you don’t!
- SILKY SMOOTH: #LubeLife is a sexual lubricant brand for men, women and couples. The silky smooth, buttery glide of our water-based lube compliments the body’s natural lubrication and enhances the pleasures of intimacy. Never sticky or tacky.
- TOY FRIENDLY, CONDOM COMPATIBLE: #LubeLife Water Based Personal Lubricant is compatible with most toy materials, natural rubber latex, polyurethane, and polyisoprene condoms so you can play safely whatever your pleasure.
- NON-STAINING, EASY TO CLEAN: Pure, water-based lubricants offer the easiest cleanup of any sexual lubricant, washing off easily with water. Live the #LubeLife, you earned it.
- HYPOALLERGENIC: #LubeLife Water Based Personal Lubricant is a premium lube made from only the highest quality ingredients and is designed for smooth sensation and soft skin.
- PURE AS THE DRIVEN SNOW: Formulated using pure ingredients for a natural feel and completely free of parabens, glycerin, silicone and oil.
Lube Life is an excellent well-rounded choice for a personal lubricant. Its sex toy and condom compatible. Easily washes off with water and does not contain any harmful ingredients. There are some mixed reviews out there on this product, but of course, everyone is different and people can have better or worse experiences, depending on how sensitive they are.
Pros and Cons
We wanted to include this one the list of recommended personal lubes because it is a great price, and has all of the qualities we like to see in a lube such as being “non-sticky” and water based.
What About Oil Based Lubes?
While oil based lubes are a real thing, we don’t actually recommend any of them. The reasons are the following:
- A silicone based lube can pretty much get any job done that an oil based lube can
- Oil based lubes tend to be very greasy and do not clean up well, even after a shower
- Also, oil based lubes tend to have the highest concentration of harmful chemicals
Think of it like this, you put oil in your car. It’s probably not such a great idea to put any in your body.
That being said, if you want to go about the oil based route, Miami Sexpert recommends going the natural way. Try using some coconut oil or olive oil.
We recommend these oils as some of the best massage oils for couples These are some of the most natural oils out there. They don’t contain any harmful ingredients and are not petroleum based (like the oil your car takes). Olive oil is also a great personal moisturizer for women.
Having tried this several times myself, it can be extremely erotic to get fully oiled up with your partner. Since olive oil and coconut oil can be purchased in much larger quantities than most of these other personal lubes. You can have fun using it liberally all over your bodies, without worrying about too much waste and it costing you a fortune!
Start by rubbing it all over each other, maybe give some massages as foreplay and you will be so turned on, you’ll be dying to start going at it.
So there you have it! These are some of the highest rated personal lubes on the market today. We recommend trying these lubes before any other brands, mainly because other people have said they are the best.
The only way you will know which personal lubes are best for you and your partner is to give them a try. And don’t be shy! We know that sex is a sensitive subject for many people, but if you are daring and courageous enough. Leave a comment below, and let others know which of these personal lubes you think are the best.